We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
SlimGenics is a personalized weight loss program offered in centers based in Colorado and Minnesota.
It is based on the principle of Integrated Nutrition, which focuses on repairing the underlying causes of weight gain.
SlimGenics Diet Basics
SlimGenics incorporates the concept of thermogenesis, a scientifically proven process that promotes the burning and storage of fat.
Customized Nutrition Plan
Each client is given a diet and nutritional supplement program based on their individual health and weight loss goals. You will eat a balanced diet that consists of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs, starches, dairy and fats.
The diet is designed to help you create healthy eating habits for long-term weight loss.
Every nutrition plan is flexible with room for individual choices and food selection.
During the weight reduction phase some foods and beverages are restricted. However, after you reach your goal weight you can gradually add them back into your diet.
Individual Weight-Loss Coaching
You will attend one small group meeting at the beginning. Throughout the remainder of the program you receive personalized attention from a Program Advisor.
Personal counselors provide a range of benefits:
- Offer support
- Encourage accountability
- Answer your questions
- Help you address challenges
- Supervise your progress
- Monitor your health
- Adjust your plan if necessary
- Ensure safe and healthy weight loss
SlimGenics Nutritional Supplements
Dietary supplements are also an important part of this program. They are designed to complement your personalized food plan and enhance your weight loss results. Your Program Advisor will recommend the supplements that are most appropriate for you.
Foods included in the SlimGenics Plan:
Chicken, turkey, lean beef, pork tenderloin, tuna, salmon, shrimp, eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, hummus, lentils, oatmeal, whole-wheat bread, zucchini, peppers, spinach, tomato, spaghetti squash, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, mushroom, apple, pear, strawberries, extra-virgin olive oil, Splenda.
2 scrambled eggs
Spinach Salad with Chicken, Pear and Avocado
Beef Kabobs with Mushroom, Green Pepper and Pineapple
Exercise Not Required for Thermogenesis
Exercise is not required to lose weight on the SlimGenics program through thermogenesis. However, dieters are strongly encouraged to increase their level of physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Costs and Expenses
Because each plan is individualized the exact price and duration of the program depends on your specific needs. The cost will vary depending on the amount of weight you need to lose and how long you stay on the program.
Compared to other plans like Weight Watchers, SlimGenics is on the expensive side because of the personalized counseling and supplement costs.
- Provides education about portion control for long-term weight management.
- Uses regular grocery store food that you can easily prepare at home or order in restaurants.
- Does not require calorie counting.
- Considers your health history and current medical condition when determining your nutritional program.
- Personal advisors and an online community provide support, which can help increase motivation.
- Thermogenesis is based on scientific research.
- Restricts a variety of foods and limits carbohydrate intake.
- Requires nutritional supplements, which will make the cost of the program unaffordable for many dieters.
- Some supplements contain caffeine and will not be suitable for those with caffeine sensitivity.
- Encourages the use of certain “diet foods” containing items such as artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, processed soy and margarine.
- Dieters are advised to limit their intake of water based on the theory that it washes electrolytes and vitamins out of the body.
- Not offered outside of Colorado and Minnesota.
Great For Those Needing Accountability
Slimgenics is essentially a reduced carbohydrate, low glycemic index diet that is combined with nutritional supplements and weight-loss counseling.
This program is best suited to those who require accountability and prefer a structured approach to dieting. However, it is very expensive in comparison to other diet plans, which may make the program inaccessible to many dieters.
See Also: The Official SlimGenics Website
Lead image: Copyright of SlimGenics
By Mizpah Matus B.Hlth.Sc(Hons)
Last Reviewed: January 11, 2018